There are a lot of things that you can do to reduce lag. One does not need to know very technical stuff in order to address this issue. Here are some easy-to-do tips on how to reduce lag while playing online games.
1. Use an Internet accelerator - Internet accelerators such as TCP optimizer help you improve your gameplay by optimizing your OS settings and allow you to use all available bandwidth.
2. Use Virtual Private Networks - Virtual Private Networks help reduce lag by reducing the hops from your computer to the game server. As such, the data you send and receive from the game server travels a lot faster and helps you experience a smoother gameplay.
3. Improve your computer's performance - Junk files take up a lot of your system's resources and can cause your computer to be laggy. Delete programs that you are not using and clean up junk files. Run Disk Defrag to organize your files so your system can access them efficiently. You can also use CCleaner to fix errors and optimize your system.
4. Upgrade your firmware - Firmware updates help you improve your hardware's performance. These updates make your system run efficiently and effectively making you experience less lag.
5. Close down programs that use the internet - While playing, close down any services that use your network connection such as software downloads and updates. This will free up precious bandwidth and help you reduce lag while playing.
WTFast is a global software company specializing in massive multiplayer online game tools. WTFast has been downloaded by over 90,000 top gamers all over the world. WTFast is a subscription based software app that speeds up a player's game connection by 60-90%. WTFast supports most MMORPG games such as Star Wars: The Old Republic. For a free trial go to http://www.wtfast.com/